#2. Dog Meatloaf Recipe with Rice
This is a balanced meatloaf and is suitable for most dogsfor their regular meal. It's easy to make and will freeze well so that youdon't have to make it every day.
- 5 Lb Ground Beef May substitute or mix ground chicken also
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Cooked or Uncooked
- 2 cups Green Beans Fresh or Frozen
- 4-5 Carrots Chopped or Ground, or Sweet Potatoes-fresh, frozen or canned
- 3-4 cups Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 6-8 Potatoes Peeled and Cooked - Peels aren't good for dogs- You may substitute with dry instant potato flakes- 2 cups
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 1/2 cup Oats
In the largest bowl you own, mix all together. Wear gloves and include the kids – this is fun and messy! It’s a little easier to mix it all if the vegetables are ground in a food processor first. You can add some cooked or uncooked pasta, chicken pulled from the bones, other vegetables, evensome stale crackers if you like. My dogs love just a little cheese too.
Mix until it’s the consistency of regular meatloaf adding more broth or water as necessary. Some batches require more liquid if they have pasta or more rice and such in them. Spread in the largest pan you have. I use my lasagna pan. Bake at 375°F for about 40-50 minutes. It will smell delicious.My dogs sit and stare at the oven when I make it.
Cool and serve or cut into squares and refrigerate or freeze.This is a large batch and freezes well for smaller dogs. Larger dogs get a larger square. I have one large dog, one medium dog and one small dog. All three take about 2 weeks to eat the entire pan.