#11. Magic Meatball Recipe for Dogs
A variation of the magic meatloaf recipe for dogs - to make make meatballs instead of meatloaf, roll the same mixture into balls and cut the cooking time down to about 20 minutes.
- 5 pounds Hamburger Meat (85%lean--can use sausage-like meat of any kind that is unspiced, so allergic dogs can have lamb, turkey etc.) You can also use a 3:2 muscle meat to organ meat recipe, but the livers, etc. must be ground
- 1 lg box Total Cereal (any complete dry boxed cereal).
- 1 lg. box Oatmeal (rolled quick oats are fine, otherwise cook first).
- 1 jar Wheat Germ
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Unsulfured Molasses
- 12 Eggs
- 2 boxes/ 8 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 pinch Garlic powder or pinch of garlic salt.
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Beat eggs, add in molasses & oil, & stir into dry.
Knead the raw meat into the mixture to distribute it evenly. (Wash hands, etc. after handling raw meat, etc.)
Roll into balls and place on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Can freeze extra & thaw as needed.