How to Make a Dog Shirt Out of a Sock
If you are owned by a small dog or tiny dog you know they can get chilled quite easily in the cooler months. Here is a method I myself used for my dog Chewbacca when he was a tiny puppy. It’s cute and will help keep your baby all snuggly warm.
Here’s How to Make A Dog Shirt or Sweater Out of a Sock
You will need:
- A large clean sock (I like decorative ones for this but you can use any thickness you want)
- Sharp scissors
- Cut off the elastic top of the sock you will be using.
- Lay the sock flat facing you in the shape of a J.
- Fold over the heel and make a 1” cut through both layers across the heel horizontally.
- Unfold and using your scissors enlarge the holes so your dogs legs can fit through.
- Cut off the toe area of the sock above the seam, you will use this to create a hat or you can discard.
- To create the hat simply follow the steps you used for the heel, fold it in two and cut a 1” slit horizontally for your dogs ears to fit through
- Stretch and gently fit the body of the sock over your dogs head, pulling their front legs through the holes you created in the heel.
This is a great and inexpensive way to help your fur baby stay warm and toasty in the fall and winter months! Not to mention it is super cute and you did it for them yourself with love. And it literally only takes minutes to do. Nothing could be quicker and simpler!
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.