Sweet Potato Fish Dog Food Recipes
I love to cook and there are often times when I have cooked for my family, I still have the urge to cook more. Since you can only feed your humans so many times a day, cooking for your dog is a great way to practice your skills while making your pup a delicious and healthy meal. These sweet potato fish dog food recipes are sure to be a big hit with your dog, while giving you some extra time in the kitchen.
Homemade Fish and Sweet Potato Dog Food
Fish is an ideal protein substitute for the dogs that don’t like chicken. The combination of sweet potato and fish are not only delicious but also healthy for your dog. The following homemade recipe could be an ideal treat for your pet.
- ½ sweet potato
- 2 fillets of codfish
- 4 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- ½ cup of ground sesame
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes. Place the cubes into a pan of unsalted water and boil for 12 minutes. Check if they are ready by putting a knife through one of the cubes. If it comes out clean, they are done.
- Line the baking pan with tin foil and place the two pieces of cod on top.
- Drain the sweet potatoes in a sieve and place them carefully around the two pieces of cod.
- Pour 4 tbsp of sunflower oil on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Put it to one side for another 30 minutes. Once it has cooled down sprinkle on the chopped parsley and sesame seeds.
Thank you The Nest for this recipe.
Fish Dog Food Recipe
Are you looking for a healthy meal for your hyperactive dog? This fiber-rich recipe is an ideal alternative to meet the nutritional requirements of your canine.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 parsnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 whole cabbage
- 1 ¼ cups of mangetout
- 2.2 lbs. of frozen white fish
- 1 bag of couscous
- Dice two sweet potatoes and add to a large pot.
- Add the diced parsnips to pot.
- Add diced carrots.
- Add a whole diced cabbage.
- Add the mangetout and boil veggies till cooked.
- Now add the frozen fish and cook on medium heat until cooked (about 10-15 minutes).
- Take off heat and add a bag of couscous.
- Serve to dog, bag and freeze the rest.
Thank you to Bishopton Dog Walking Services for this recipe.
Homemade Dog Food Recipe
Just like humans, the diet of a dog is critical for his/her health. The nutritional needs of every dog are different and it’s the responsibility of the parent to find the right mix for the pet. Having said that, you must discuss any new recipe with your vet before feeding it to your dog.
Note: The quantities mentioned below are for 5 average servings and can be changed according to your requirements.
- 30 oz. Tilapia
- 15.95 oz. Sweet Potato
- 12.30 oz. Barley
- 13 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 5 oz. Mixed Vegetables (kale, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli)
- Bake the tilapia in the oven. If frozen, you will need to bake for longer at 350 degrees. We bake frozen tilapia all at once using two trays for 45 minutes. Save the juice that the tilapia produces and use it in the food mixture.
- While the tilapia is baking, peel and slice sweet potatoes into 2-4 inch pieces. We cook them in a bowl in water for 20 minutes in the microwave.
- Start your barley on the stove according to the instructions.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, take your bag of frozen vegetables and cook them in the microwave.
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes and vegetables in a blender and add in the canola oil. Puree until smooth.
- Once the barley and tilapia are finished cooking, add everything together in a giant container or pot and mix together thoroughly.
Thank you to Holistic Pet Wellness for this recipe.
Healthy Dog Food Recipe
This eco-friendly recipe is an ideal choice for those parents who don’t have much time to cook for their dogs. This delicious and healthy dog food is easy to make and will get a lot of attention from your pet.
Note: Always make sure that you let it cool for 15-20 minutes before serving it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 squash
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 salmon portions SKIN ON (1 oz. per 10 pounds of the dog plus any amount you would like)
- 1 head of broccoli (with stem)
- Cut broccoli stem, peel carrots, and cut squash. Keep the peelings as this is for your dog. Mix together and steam in the rice cooker or bake in the oven.
- Air fry potato shavings after pouring in 1 tablespoon olive oil in an air fryer.
- Pan fry salmon in 1 tablespoon olive oil with skin on. Start with the skin side down on the pan at a medium temperature. After flipping, pull off crisp salmon skin off both pieces of salmon and place them in the dog bowl.
- Once everything is finished cooking, mix all together in the dog bowl. Chop to small bite-size for ease and a cleaner floor.
Thank you to The Dog Bakery for this recipe.
Canned Fish Dog Food Recipe
Canned Fish Dog Biscuits
- 1 (14 ¾ ounce) can of wild-caught Alaskan pink salmon, drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, steamed, peeled, mushed
- 3 cups chickpea flour + extra for rolling out
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Place everything in a food processor and let it do all the work.
- Transfer dough into an airtight container and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Also lightly dust hands and rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is about 1/8 inch thick, turning the dough and flipping it over while continuing to lightly dust with flour, to ensure even thickness.
- Using the desired cookie cutter shape(s), start cutting.
- Place biscuits on cookie sheets in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes or until biscuits are crisp and centers are hard. It is important that biscuits are completely dried out or they will go bad.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for several weeks.
Thank you Food.com for this recipe.