Brown Rice and Chicken for Dogs
Chicken and Brown Rice for Dogs
Although the general perception about dogs is that they belong to the class of carnivores, but that’s not true. The domestication of dogs has evolved them into omnivores who can digest some grains, like rice. In fact, rice is an excellent alternative for treating upset stomach in dogs. Following these lines, a lot of people feed a bland mixture of chicken and rice to their pets.
Other than that, you can also use brown rice in several other scrumptious recipes. Having said that, it is important to check with your vet that the given recipe is appropriate for your dog.
Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food Recipe
Do you want to make a healthy addition to your list of dog foods? If yes, this crockpot recipe is the thing you need. It has the perfect amalgamation of chicken, rice, and fresh vegetables that will entice any dog for a meal.
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- ½ lb. green beans, broken into segments
- 1 medium sweet potato, raw, cut into medium-sized chunks (leave the skin on)
- 3 carrots, sliced into about 1” thick rounds
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (preferably without skin) or 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Put all ingredients into the crockpot in the order given (layer, don’t mix).
- Cook on low for about 8 hours, on high for about 5 hours.
- When done, stir, breaking up the chicken into small pieces. Everything will be quite soft.
- Let cool and serve; it can be used with a quality kibble or by itself, in a serving size appropriate for your dog’s weight and activity level. Refrigerate unused portion; keeps up to three days.
Substitutions are allowed! For vegetables, try broccoli florets, zucchini, spinach or any of several types of squash. For the protein source, beef cubes, turkey or lamb also work. Use organic ingredients if possible.
Thank you to BARk for this recipe.
Beef with Broccoli and Brown Rice Wet Dog Food Recipe
This recipe is a little different from the Cesar Beef with Broccoli and brown rice. Basically, it is a stir fry that covers all the necessary nutrients of a healthy meal. There are no spices or seasonings in this recipe. Therefore, it is completely SAFE for dogs.
- 2 cups brown rice, steamed
- ½ cup shredded carrots, steamed
- ½ cup shredded broccoli, steamed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Cook rice in steamer separately.
- Steam broccoli and carrots on the stove in ½ cup of water until soft. Drain water and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil and add garlic and ground beef on medium-high heat. Cook until browned.
- Add carrots and broccoli. Mix well on medium heat.
- Add rice and mix on medium heat for five minutes.
- Let cool and portion into bags. Refrigerate or freeze until needed.
Thank you to Pet Guide for this recipe.
Brown Rice Dog Food Recipe
Are you looking for a balanced meal (for your dog) that has all the necessary nutrients? If yes, the following brown rice dog food recipe is an ideal solution for you. Ranging from carbohydrates to proteins and from vitamins to fiber, it has all the things you could ask for. The quantities of various ingredients can be adjusted according to the dietary needs of your pup.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through for about 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Thank you to Damn Delicious for this recipe.
Meat Cakes for Dogs Recipe
It is an expensive recipe that can serve as a perfect treat for your precious companion. This homemade dog food is well-balanced and loved by all kinds of dogs. Given its nutritional composition, you must make sure that you have discussed this recipe with your vet.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 3 cups of water
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- Market Pantry Ground Beef 1-lb. Package
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups regular rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease 36 cups of 3 large muffin tins.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool several minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, ground beef, and eggs. Mix ingredients together using your hands or a sturdy spoon. Add salt, olive oil, rolled oats, and rice; mix well.
- Fill each muffin cup with some of the meat mixture and pat down to make it firm. Bake 45 minutes, or until surface feels set. Cool on a rack 10 minutes or longer.
- Remove the meat cakes by turning the muffin tin upside down over a sheet of aluminum foil. Tap each muffin cup to release the cake. Refrigerate or freeze in sealed plastic bags.
Thank you to The Dog Bakery for this recipe.
Layer Cake Dog Food Recipe
Do you want to surprise your dog on his/her birthday? This simple and easy recipe can help you achieve this goal. It is a cost-effective dog treat that looks simply gorgeous. Similarly, it is delicious and will make your dog’s mouth water at first glance.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) Chicken (we used boneless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup of carrots
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1 medium Apple
- 1 Eggshell and all
- 1 cup of Brown rice
- Pre-heat oven to 170º C (325º F, Gas Mark 3).
- Pop the chopped carrots, peas, and sweet corn in a pot to cook and soften.
- Peel and chop an apple into small pieces.
- Mince the chicken in a food processor (or just buy it already minced).
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- Mush vegetable mix.
- Pulverize a whole egg so that the shell is totally crushed.
- Blend chopped apple, egg and chicken together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix vegetable melee and rice together in a bowl.
- Grease a cake pan or line with baking paper.
- Take 1/2 of chicken mixture and place it in the bottom of a cake pan.
- Take about 2/3 of the veggie and rice mix and place it on top of the chicken base.
- Use the rest of the chicken mixture and place it on top of the veggie and rice mix.
- Top up the cake with the last of the veggie mixture.
- Pop it into your pre-heated oven and cook for 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Let cool and then remove from pan and slice a piece of posh chicken heaven for your dog.
Thank you to Wag the Dog UK for this recipe.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.