Kong toys are the perfect way to keep your pet entertained while providing several significant benefits. For example, there are many recipes available online for Kong treats, and they can be made with various ingredients, including peanut butter, yogurt, and bananas. Kongs can also be filled with dog food and frozen for a longer-lasting treat. Keep reading to know about some benefits of these toys and learn some of the best Kong dog treat recipes for your pooch.
Benefits of Kong Toys
One of the most important things to look for in a pet toy is durability. Kong toys are designed to withstand even the most vigorous chewers. After all, you want to avoid replacing your pet’s toys every few weeks.
When it comes to pet safety, you can’t be too careful. Kong toys are made from high-quality materials that are safe for your pet to chew on.
Your pet will love playing with its Kong toy. Kong toys come in various shapes and sizes so that you can find the perfect one for your pet. Kong toys also have a variety of textures, so your pet can enjoy a different sensation every time they play with their Kong.
Kong toys can help to keep your pet’s teeth clean and healthy. Chewing on Kong toys can help to remove plaque and tartar from your pet’s teeth. Kong toys can also help massage your pet’s gums, reducing inflammation and promoting healthy gum tissue.
If your pet is bored, Kong toys can help to relieve their Boredom. Kong toys are the perfect way to keep your pet entertained and engaged.
If your pet is feeling stressed, Kong toys can help to reduce their stress levels. Playing with Kong toys can help to distract your pet from whatever is causing stress. Kong toys can also help to release endorphins, which can help to improve your pet’s mood.
Does you dog like frozen treats? Give these Frozen Kong Recipes a try.
Kong Stuffing Ideas
Do you ever run out of ideas of what to stuff your Kong with? Kongs are such a great way to keep your dog entertained and busy, but sometimes it can take effort to come up with new and exciting things to put in them. Here are some Kong stuffing ideas to help you out!
- ½ Banana (Mashed)
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt
- Make a smoothie-like consistency by blending the banana, yogurt, and peanut butter in a blender.
- Before filling your Classic KONG, add the whole blueberries to the mixture and combine everything thoroughly.
The Salmon Kong Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of chopped or minced salmon (Boneless)
- 1 Egg
- Oatmeal or chickpea flour to the measure of a half cup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, cooked carrot
- 3 tablespoons of broccoli that has been cooked
- 1 tablespoon of zucchini, cooked
- Turmeric, one-half of a teaspoon
- A Little Bit of Ground Black Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Put all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, into a bowl and mix them until they form a dough.
- Coat the balls with coconut oil by drizzling or brushing them.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet or another oven-safe surface, and bake them for twenty minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff the baked balls into the Kong Toy and allow your pup to have some fun.
The Sweet Potato Kong Recipe
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, Peeled and Diced
- Rice flour equal to one cup (or Almond)
- Three-quarters of a cup of rice flour (or Regular Flour)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 Egg, Beaten Just Slightly (or Applesauce)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray or lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into little squares and throw them in a saucepan after dicing them.
- Add about a cup and a half of water, then place the saucepan over high heat, so the water comes to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes for about 7-9 minutes or until they can easily puncture with a fork.
- Once the sweet potatoes have been beaten to a smooth consistency, add the ground flaxseed and an egg and continue beating until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a surface that has been lightly floured, and roll it into rectangles.
- Then, cut out shapes according to your preferences.
- Arrange the goodies in a single layer on the baking sheet, then bake them for about 25 minutes or until they are brown.
- Stuff the Kong toy with these treats and let your dog have some delicious playtime.
These are just a few of the many great options for Kong stuffing. Just be sure to choose healthy foods low in calories and fat. And if you need help with what to stuff your Kong with, ask your veterinarian for ideas.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.