Although it’s extremely important to have a specific diet plan for your dogs, you can give them an occasional treat. However, they don’t require a lot of carbohydrates in their diet so you must be careful about the ingredients.
Carrot Dog Treats Recipe
The ingredients used in these carrot treats are not only safe but also healthy for your dog. The mentioned quantities will make about 40 2-inch treats.
- 1 cup applesauce (plain, unsweetened, and without additives)
- ¼ cup almond butter (natural and free of any flavors and xylitol)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the applesauce, almond butter, and eggs together until blended.
- Add in the oat flour, carrots, and coconut flakes until just incorporated. (If you pinch a piece and it crumbles, add a little water. If it’s really sticky, you’ll need to add a little more oat flour, ¼ cup at a time, and not exceeding ½ cup. You want the dough slightly tacky, but not overly.)
- Transfer the dough to a surface lightly sprinkled with oat flour and knead 3-4 times until it comes together.
- Using a rolling pin sprinkled with oat flour, roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter to cut out the desired shapes and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until the treats are dry and edges are golden (about 18-20 minutes).
- Let cool completely.
Thank you to Belly Full for this recipe.
Apple Carrot Dog Treats
Looking for a simple recipe to make some dog treats? This combination of apples with carrots is extremely easy to make and you can also store the excess treats in the refrigerator. The mentioned quantity of ingredients is for 20 servings.
- 1 ¼ cups grated carrots
- 1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated apple
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix carrots, oats, and apple together in a large bowl. Whisk peanut butter and eggs until thoroughly combined in a second bowl. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop 1 ½ tablespoon of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each treat with your hands until they are 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until treats are firm to the touch and begin to brown on the bottom (15 to 20 minutes). Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thank you to All Recipes for this recipe.
Carrot Dog Biscuits
These soft carrot treats quite tempting for any dog, especially if he/she loves carrots. They are a little crunchy on the outside when you bake them. However, they soften up quickly because of the presence of carrots inside them. The stated quantities of ingredients yield about 15 4-inch treats.
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, egg, and carrot with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into 1/4″ thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10 more minutes. If your dog likes to munch crunchier treats, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Thank you to Sally’s Baking Addiction for this recipe.
Banana Carrot Dog Treats
This recipe provides a perfect dog treat for those parents who are seeking a healthy alternative. The use of buckwheat flour (instead of white flour) is very beneficial for your pup because buckwheat is a rich source of protein. Similarly, chia seeds are also advantageous for your pet. The following quantity of ingredients will make around 30 treats.
- 2 carrots
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of cold water (or 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1½ cups (200g) of buckwheat flour
- Wash and grate the carrots. Combine the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to a food processor or mixing bowl. Add the chia mix, coconut oil, grated carrots, and buckwheat flour. Stir well until a dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a little bit more of the buckwheat flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper and cut out the dog treats with a cookie cutter (I used a bone-shaped one :)).
- Transfer the cut-out cookies to a baking tray that you aligned with baking paper.
- Bake the dog treats for about 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Let them cool completely before serving them to your dog.
- Stored in an airtight container, they should last for about a month.
Thank you to Heavenlynn Healthy for this recipe.
Carrot Cookies for Dogs
Most dogs are so fond of cookies that they don’t need a second invitation to gulp them up. In contrast to unhealthy options, the ingredients used in this recipe are perfectly safe for all kinds of dogs. Likewise, these carrot cookies are very convenient to make and won’t take more than 20 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour (I like Cup4Cup)
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup red apple, shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, carrots, apple, and chicken broth in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold ingredients together.
- Sprinkle countertop with about 1 tbsp. flour and roll mixture flat (about 1/2”) using a rolling pin.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut biscuits until the mixture is used entirely.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- After your dog gets one (or two!), refrigerate the rest of the biscuits
Thank you to Pop Sugar for this recipe.
Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats
This tasty dog treat includes a variety of healthy ingredients, like carrots and pumpkin puree. This is a wonderful recipe for busy parents because these dog treats can be stored for future use. The given quantities of ingredients will make 300 servings.
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour, plus some extra for forming the dough
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk grated carrot, peanut butter, applesauce, pumpkin puree, water, and eggs together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour and cinnamon with a sturdy spoon until incorporated. Add remaining flour, 2 tablespoons at a time, until dough holds together nicely.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to an even 3/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3/4-inch cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch apart.
- Bake 2 sheets in the preheated oven for 6 minutes. Switch racks and continue baking until edges are firm and golden brown (tops may still appear a bit puffy), another 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 3 to 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat baking and cooling remaining dough.
Thank you to All Recipes for this recipe.
Carrot Banana Dog Treats
Do you need a dog treat recipe that doesn’t uses white flour for making the dough? These carrot banana dog treats offer an ideal solution as we will use blended oats and some other healthy ingredients. Simply follow the given instructions to give your pup a scrumptious surprise.
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, blended
- 1 large banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a blender and pulse until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the fresh parsley, grated carrots, mashed banana, egg, and olive oil.
- Mix until well combined and knead until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface. Use your hands to flatten the dough and shape into a circle 1/4 inch thick, using a bit of flour if needed.
- Use a small dog bone cutter to cut out treats.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment an inch apart.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Allow them to cool on rack completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Thank you to For the Love of Cooking for this recipe.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.