You can’t go wrong utilizing a plush Kong if you’re searching for a simple approach to occupy your dog and provide them tons of additional cerebral stimulation. By filling a Kong, you may force your dog to work for his food and encourage him to employ some innate scavenging skills. They’re an easy method to keep your dog cognitively active and safe. Keep reading to learn some of the best healthy Kong stuffing recipes for your dog.
Healthy Kong Stuffers
Tasty Kong recipes are a terrific choice to keep your dog cognitively engaged and interested when you’re seeking smart methods to keep your dog occupied or distracted. Every time you give your dog extra treats, you should factor those calories into their daily caloric intake. You should feed your dog less of their regular lunchtime food if you’re feeding them a Kong recipe. Here are a few healthy recipes for your dog’s Kong toys.
Vegetable Kong Filler
- Cooked Spinach
- Green Peas
- Plain Yogurt
- Combine yogurt, cheerios, cooked spinach, and green peas.
- Put the mixture in the Kong's bottom half.
- Add string cheese to serve as the handle.
- Mash one hard-cooked egg and fill the edges to seal.
- Serve after freezing.
- 4–5 complete carrots
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup applesauce
- Almond Butter
- 1 serving of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries unsweetened
- Take a bowl and fill it with cranberries and sliced carrots.
- Now, incorporate pumpkin, spinach, and applesauce.
- After that, dispense almond butter and combine all the ingredients thoroughly. You can also use a food blender to ensure proper mixing (you should have a firm paste).
- Fill the Kong toy with this delicious treat and seal the end.
- Your dog is ready to eat Fido's filling.
- 50g strawberries
- 90g rolled oats
- 120g plain yogurt
- Strawberries should be slid and placed in a dish.
- Add yogurt to them and mix thoroughly.
- Next, you need to add oats into the mixture and create a thick paste by using a food processor.
- Now you are ready to layer the mixture into the Kong after filling it with a spoon.
- The toy is now ready to be dispensed to your furry companion.
- 50g blueberries
- 120g plain Greek yogurt
- Cut the strawberries and add them to a bowl.
- Then, add yogurt and thoroughly blend the ingredients to create a thick paste.
- Now, use a blender to combine the components and create a uniform paste.
- Fill the Kong toy with the filling (using a small spoon) while making sure that the mixture is thick.
- Layer the mixture in place and use a butter knife or spoon to close the opening.
- The Kong is prepared to keep your dog entertained and busy.
Best Frozen Kong Recipes
When the food in the Kong is frozen, it takes longer for your dog to finish it, giving them more time to solve puzzles, engage in cerebral activity, and physically use their tongues, which so many dogs require. That is useful since dogs need more cerebral stimulation than you can provide them daily. Most dogs find that working to obtain food out of a toy is far more rewarding than just eating it out of the bowl. The recipes for frozen Kong for your dog are discussed below.
Does you dog like frozen treats? Give these Frozen Kong Recipes a try.
The Greek Nana
- A banana
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Slice the bananas and put them in a bowl.
- Then, add honey and yogurt to it and combine the ingredients immediately.
- You may alternatively use a food blender to create a firm paste of the ingredients.
- Fill the Kong with this healthy treat and seal the opening.
- Put the Kong in the freezer and wait for the paste to set.
- Once it is ready, you can give it to your canine friend.
- 1 Tablespoon soft cheese
- 80g wet dog food
- 50g cooked pumpkin
- Take some dry dog chow and thoroughly soak it in water.
- Now, grab a bowl and fill it with the cooked pumpkin.
- Mix in the wet dog food and combine the ingredients before adding soft cheese.
- Put the mixture into a food processor and blend it thoroughly.
- Apply layers of this paste to the toy and place it into the freezer.
- Let it set before serving to your pooch.
Super Kong Filler
- Ground meat (we are using Turkey for this recipe)
- Ground liver
- Bone broth
- Chicken foot
- Salmon skin
- Combine turkey with the bone broth to thicken the soup of the treat. Place the mixture aside.
- Now, fill the bottom third of the Kong with ground liver and blueberries.
- Then, place the chicken foot inside the Kong such that it can be used as a handle.
- After that, place a thin covering of salmon skin before adding a layer of frozen liver.
- Apply the bone broth and turkey mixture as a sealant.
- Put the toy into the freezer and serve when solid.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.