If you are wondering if dog’s can eat lamb, yes they can. As a matter of fact, lamb is a great source of protein for dogs, and most dogs find it delicious. But how do you prepare lamb for your dog? Keep reading to learn more.
Can dog’s eat lamb bones?
It’ not a good idea to let a dog eat a cooked lamb bone. Cooked lamb bones become fragile after the cooking process and can start to break apart. These bits of bone could do serious damage to a dogs mouth, esophagus, and digestive track. You can however give your dog a raw, uncooked lamb bone to chew since it is stronger that a cooked bone. Chewing raw bones can help clean your dog’s teeth, and will hopefully keep them from chewing your good shoes.
Lamb Loaf for Dogs
Dog’s love human food, but human food is not always healthy for them. This lamb loaf for dogs recipe is the perfect solution. Not only does it contain healthy ingredients for your pup, your dog will think it is being given a treat of human food.
- 2 lb Ground Lamb
- 1 cup Organic Oatmeal -We prefer a minimally processed steel-cut whole-grain oat, like Irish oatmeal
- 3/4 cup Organic Flaxseed Meal or Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Fresh Organic Parsley -Finely chopped
- 2 large Organic Eggs
- 2 cups Organic Vegetables -Fresh or frozen- Use a variety of vegetables, such as peas, corn, diced cooked potatoes, and grated carrots; do not include onion.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the oven rack in the middle slot.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, or use a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and form a loaf in the center. You can also use a roasting pan, just space the loaf in the middle of it, (you can cook potatoes or sweet potatoes in the pan at the same time too. )
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Feed according to your dog’s size and calorie needs.
Some Final Words
If your dog loves this lamb loaf for dogs recipe, give it a try using other meats like ground beef, turkey, or chicken. Got vegetables that need to be used? Add some apples or carrots for an extra bit of added sweetness without the added sugar and preservatives. Just be sure to avoid vegetables that dogs should not have like onions and garlic.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.