Commercial Products Are Good
These products that you can buy in your local supermarket or one-stop shopping center work wonders. They kill fleas on your pets fast and make their lives a little more comfortable.
You already know that you can put those commercial products on your dog. But what about natural remedies like baking soda? Is it possible to put that home product on your pet safely or at all?
Keep reading to find out the answer. It will only take a few minutes of your time to get the right information to help your pet out.
Can I Put Baking Soda on My Dog for Fleas?
This product is being seen these days as a miracle cure-all product. It cleans and clears up stains, it even absorbs odors, and it can kill fleas. Having a box of baking soda around can save you a lot of money on buying commercial products.
You know you can put baking soda on floors, appliances, clothing, and other objects but what about your pet? The answer to this question is yes, you can put it on your dog. It does not harm your pet, nor does it contain any harmful chemicals.
It is safe to use, and you can mix the baking soda with salt to give it more potency. The key to putting it on your dog or dogs is to make sure he or she does not have any open cuts, scrapes, or wounds.
The salt may make those wounds sting and your dog won’t let you do it again. All you have to do to help get rid of its fleas is rub the mixture on your pet. That is, it. It is a safe treatment to rid your dog of fleas.
Other Natural Remedies You Can Use on Your Dog
Besides salt and baking soda, there are other home remedies that will work. In fact, you may even have them in your home already. treating your dog is about as fast as you can get the following products out of your cupboards.
1. Coconut Oil– This natural remedy has lauric acid in it. That ingredient kills fleas by coating their skin and suffocating it. This oil also acts as a natural flea repellent so apply it to your dog outside. That way when the fleas jump off, they leave your home at the same time.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar- This is another magical, miracle product that does more than clean your appliances and clothing. You can give a teaspoon to your dog in its water bowl and hopefully, he or she will drink it. That method will repel fleas.
Or you can rub it all over your pet to get rid of those fleas. Just make sure your dog does not have any open wounds.
3. Citrus Bath- All you have to do is mix some lemon juice with warm water in a spray bottle. Once mixed, just spray it over your pet. Or you can mix the lemon juice with his or her shampoo and give your dog a bath.
Lemon juice is a great flea repellent product.
4. Essential Oils- This product is a bit tricky to use as some essential oils are toxic to dogs. Some of those oils are- tea tree oil, pennyroyal, pine oils, and wintergreen oils. However, there are several options for these oils that are safe for your pet and repel or kill fleas (lavender or peppermint).
Just a drop on the back of the neck should do it or you can mix them with water and spray the oil all over your pet’s coat.
5. Diatomaceous Earth- This product works like baking soda and salt. All you have to do is sprinkle it around your home making sure to get the carpets, furniture, floors, bedding, and everywhere else fleas may be hiding.
Once you have sprinkled this product around, wait a few hours and then vacuum it and the dead fleas up.
6. Nematodes- This is an outdoor method that you can use if you are not squeamish. Nematodes are little worms that like to feed on insect larvae, including your #1 enemy flea larvae.
You can find them at your local garden center, and you just mix with water and spray them around your garden and yard.
Some Final Words
You do not have to resort to commercial products to get rid of fleas from your home or pet. these top natural remedies will do the job easily for you without risking your pets or your family’s health.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.