Cleaning is Important
Simple cleaning tools are very effective in removing fleas from your home. They can get the fleas where they live, and you can either sweep or vacuum them away in no time. That is those fleas that are not hiding deep down in some dark crevice where those tools do not reach.
To learn how to clean your house and get rid of those fleas, just continue to read our article. It has the information you want to know about so you can have a flea-free home for you and your family.
How Do You Deep Clean House for Fleas?
Deep cleaning your home also means getting down into those crevices and pieces of furniture fleas like to hide in. But in this case, deep cleaning your home means being very thorough in your cleaning habits.
There are several methods you can use to rid your home of those fleas.
1. Start with Your Dog And Cat Or Other Pets– Make sure they are bathed regularly. Then treat their bodies with flea powder, flea collars, or other anti-flea treatments that are safe for pets.
2. Vacuum Your Floors– This will get a lot of fleas, their eggs, and larvae. Before you vacuum spread some baking soda or salt on your carpets, bedding, and furniture. Leave those ingredients there for a day or so and then vacuum.
The ingredients will kill all fleas at all stages of their life and you just vacuum them away.
3. Use Flea Spray– This helps you get those low, out-of-the-way corners, nooks, and crannies as well as the crevices. The spray will go where the fleas love to hide. You can use commercial products or natural ones. Either way, you will kill fleas.
4. Wash Everything– This includes your bedding, clothes, carpets, and furniture. Get everything, including those items in closets and drawers. You do not want the fleas to return so do not let them remain in those out-of-the-way places.
5. Clean Your Yard– Get rid of junk, trim back bushes or long branches, etc., as fleas love to hide on leafy plants, etc., and jump on your clothes or your pets.
The last resort would be to move out temporarily and use flea bombs to get those fleas these thorough cleaning did not get. Also, add some lemongrass, mint, or rosemary plants to your home to help repel fleas.
How Do You Disinfect Your House After Fleas?
The best way to do this is to use those key products that disinfect. Bleach or other cleaners will do the job very well. But if you do not like harsh chemicals, there are natural products you can use to disinfect your home.
You can do some disinfecting by using the right laundry detergents or additives. You will clean your clothes and disinfect them so the germs the fleas left are killed at the same time.
There are good products you can use to make your home clean and germ-free again. All you have to do is decide which ones will work best in your home. Then follow the instructions on the bottles or packaging to use them in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to wash and disinfect your cat’s or dog’s bed. Fleas love those areas as it keeps them close to their hosts and favorite food item.
Can You Get Rid of Fleas by Vacuuming?
Yes, you can. Vacuuming is one of the best ways to remove fleas from carpets, rugs, mattresses, box springs, and furniture. Not only do you get the adult fleas, but you also get the eggs and the larvae.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that vacuuming may not kill them all. So, you have to put the vacuum bag in the outside trash right away after you are done. That keeps those fleas from crawling back out and re-infesting your home.
To effectively kill them all, sprinkle baking soda or salt on those household items to dehydrate the flea and kill them.
Some Final Words
Cleaning your home and making it flea-free is not that much different from regular cleaning times. You just have to be more thorough when you clean for fleas than when you clean for dirt.
It takes time but the reward of a flea-free home is worth the extra effort.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.