Liver loaf can be an amazing treat for dogs because it is delicious and nutritious. It is really easy to make and won’t take the owners a lot of time to cook liver loaf for their pups. You just need to make patties of liver meat and bake them in an oven to cook this scrumptious delicacy. Keep reading to learn some amazing recipes to make a liver loaf for dogs.
What is Liver Loaf?
Liver loaf can be regarded as a cake that is made from liver meat. It is extremely nutritious and healthy for canines and they love this delicacy. However, it’s important to ensure moderation with liver loaf because too much of it can be dangerous.
Liver loaf can be stored for months in an airtight container. Hence, it is usually divided into several pieces and is used as a treat for special occasions. For example, you can use it to celebrate your dog’s birthday or give it as a treat for winning a dog competition.
How Long Does it Take to Make Liver Loaf for Dogs?
It can take you around 45 minutes to an hour to make a liver loaf for dogs. This duration can be divided into two parts, preparation time and cooking time. In most cases, you will need 15-20 minutes to make all the preparations, like blending ingredients. On the other hand, you will need to bake the loaf for 30-45 minutes.
Liver Loaf Recipe for Dogs
Although this recipe is very simple and easy, your dog would be eager to taste the loaf due to its amazing aroma. Read on to learn how you can make a scrumptious liver loaf for your pup’s birthday.
- 1 pound beef liver, sliced and skinned
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork sausage meat
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- Put the egg and ketchup in the blender.
- Cut the liver into small chunks and add gradually to the egg mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper and blend until the entire mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the sausage meat and wheat germ.
- Spread in a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow the loaf to cool before serving it to your dog!
NOTE: Make sure there is no garlic in the tomato ketchup you are using.
Thank you to Almanac for this recipe.
Liver Loaf for Dogs
- 1 lb Lamb or Ox Liver (450 Grams)
- 1 lb Self Rising Flour
- 3 Eggs
- Milk or Water
- 1/4 cup oats
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug.
- Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk.
- Blend the liver and oats in a food processor.
- Add the egg mixture and flour. Blend to a sponge mixture consistency. Add more milk or water if needed.
- Empty contents into a greased baking tray. Bake at 180 degrees (or 350F) for 35 – 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool then divide into 12 pieces and freeze.
Thanks to hearingdogs.org.uk for this great recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please note: We are not veterinarians and you use our advice at your own discretion. We always recommend that you consult your veterinarian whenever you have health-related conditions your furbaby is facing. With that in mind, as pet parents ourselves, we wish nothing but the best for your pet and their healthy and happy lives.