Just because your dog is not human,this does not mean that they do not get to enjoy the finer things in life. Feeding your pet liver pate can be healthy and break up the monotony of eating plain dog food every day.
Liver is very healthy for dogs. They get the same nutrients that humans get when they eat the liver. If you want your dog to grow up nice and strong, then you should use one of the following liver pate recipes and put a little variety in your dog’s diet.
The key to feeding your dog liver is to do so in moderation. Too much of a good thing can be hazardous to your dog’s health. You do not want your pet to get too much Vitamin A which is found in the liver.
Using liver pate as a treat is one way to control that Vitamin A content. Keep reading to get a few liver pate recipes for dogs.
Liver Pate Recipe #1
Liver Pate Recipe #2
- 1 cup calf liver
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups barley flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 egg
- Step 1: Add the liver and the stock to your blender and puree.
- Step 2: Once that is done add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Step 3: Using a cooking scoop, dip the scoop into your blender and make small liver pate balls. Place the balls on a prepared non-stick cookie sheet.
- Step 4: Once the cookie sheet is full, place it in your preheated oven, at 340 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes.
- Step 5: After baking, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack till cool. Store in an airtight container.
*You can add more of the ingredients if you have many dogs to feed or make several batches using the amounts listed above.
*One word of caution, the inside of these liver balls remain soft which gives mold and mildew an opportunity to grow on these treats. Keep the liver in your fridge for about a week or freeze some portions for up to two months. Make sure to date those containers so you know for sure.
Liver Pate Recipe #3
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ pound chicken livers, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or more as needed
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and prepare your baking dish.
- Step 2: Add the oats to a blender and pulse for 10 to 15 seconds. Then pour the oats into a bowl.
- Step 3: Add the flour to the bowl and mix it thoroughly, then set aside for now.
- Step 4: Place the liver in your blender and make it into a smooth paste, this should take about 110 to 15 seconds as well. Then add the eggs and the oil and mix thoroughly.
- Step 5: Add the new mixture to the oats and flour and again, mix thoroughly. Then spoon the mixture into your prepared dish.
- Step 6: Bake for 30 to 40 minutes then after it has cooled cut into smaller dog pieces.
Some Final Words
It is not hard to make liver pate for your pet. Just make sure you feed those treats in moderation so nothing bad happens to them.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
Please note: We are not veterinarians and you use our advice at your own discretion. We always recommend that you consult your veterinarian whenever you have health-related conditions your furbaby is facing. With that in mind, as pet parents ourselves, we wish nothing but the best for your pet and their healthy and happy lives.