These three simple recipes make dog safe red, white, and blue dog treats that will help keep your best friend cool all summer long!
I love frozen dog treats – you can even make them as Kong treats for puppies (just throw this filling in a Kong and freeze).
I’ll go over the ingredient list in a minute, but before I do here’s a video that shows you exactly how to make these:
Looking for a special treat for your dog? Learn how to make these homemade chewy dog treats!
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Instructions for Frozen Coconut Oil Dog Treats
This makes the white stars.
- First, to make our white stars, take some of the coconut flakes, some coconut milk, and a bit of water, place it in a blender and blend.
- Now pour the mix into a Star Shaped ice cube tray.
Instructions for Frozen Strawberry Dog Treats
This makes the red stars.
- Next, take some strawberries and some water, and put those in a blender and blend. Pour that mixture into another star-shaped ice cube tray.
Instructions for Frozen Blueberry Dog Treats
This makes the blue stars.
- And last, take some blueberries and water, put those into a blender, and blend. I am sure you know what to do next! Pour that mixture into another star-shaped Ice Cube Tray.
Once you have all of these assembled place all 3 trays into the freezer and let them freeze at least 4 - 6 hours, or until they are frozen.
After they are solid, unmold them and put them in a dish together for your dogs to enjoy (they are people friendly too).
Thank you to Gone to the Snow Dogs for this recipe.
Star Shaped Mold for this Recipe (and the Strawberry one below)
I like making “fancy” shapes for my frozen treats and other goodies. This star shaped mold (found here on Amazon) (paid link) is a great way to EASILY get a patriotic theme.
Blueberry Treats for Dogs Recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave 30 seconds until melted
- Add 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, mix until fully combined
- Add eggs 1 at a time
- Fold in blueberries
- Using your hands, form dough into a ball
- Roll out dough on a floured surface, sprinkling dough with flour if it is sticking to rolling pin
- Cut treats into shapes using cookie cutters
- Place treats on on an oiled baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Cool before giving to your pup!
- **Store in an air tight container up to 5 days or freeze for extended freshness
Want to make your dog homemade dog treats with no wheat based flour? Check out our post “Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats Without Flour”.
Strawberry Dog Treats Recipe
- Plain Yogurt
- 4 medium size frozen strawberries - blended
- Pour enough yogurt in the bottom of each mold to cover and freeze for an hour.
- Spoon the blended strawberries on top of the frozen yogurt and freeze for an additional hour.
- When solid, unmold and serve to your pups.
Want to make your pup a special treat? Check out these Homemade Meaty Dog Treats.
The Bottom Line on Fruit Dog Treats Recipes
These recipes are a great way to make a red, white and blue dog treat theme. If you want more traditional fruit dog treats, check out the recipes for apple dog treats here. I also have homemade vanilla dog treat recipes here.
They are all made of dog safe ingredients and are fun to put together.
But remember, they are TREATS and fruit is high in sugar so it should only be a small part of your dog’s overall diet.
For another great recipe try Turkey Woof Balls.
Check out our post “Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats Without Flour” to learn how to make some awesome treats for your pup.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.